Risotto is one of those dishes that warms you from the inside out and keeps you feeling satisfied longer. This is an easy meal to prepare but must be continually stirred so the risotto doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan or burn. Alternative cheeses can be added in addition to the parmesan. Sometimes I add a mozzarella goat cheese giving it a more complex flavor. Often times I serve it with a colorful side like sauteed asparagus. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! It's one of my favorites to prepare in a pinch :)
1.5 cups Baby Bella or portabella Mushrooms
1 cup White Mushrooms
2 cups Arborio rice
1 cup White wine
2 TBS Butter
4-6 Cups Vegetable stock
2 cloves Garlic
1 Yellow Onion
1 Bunch Green onion
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1. In a pot bring vegetable stock to a boil
2. In a second pot add the white wine and bring to a boil
2. Add 2 tablespoons butter to a different pan and add the mushrooms, yellow onion, garlic, and shallots and saute until cooked.
3. When white wine is starting to boil add arborio to pot and stir until arborio has absorbed all wine. Continue to add heated vegetable stock to the aborio one cup at a time to allow for absorption until all liquids have been absorbed and a creamy texture had developed
4. Add green onion to saute pan and mix in
5. Add cheese to arborio and once melted add the vegetables to the pot stirring evenly.
6. Serve & enjoy!